Good afternoon Mrs Twort. This is a small questionnaire based upon books and your school life.
1. Did you always want to be a Principal? If you weren’t a Principal what would you be?
No, I wanted to be an archaelologist. I loved watching the film Indiana Jones. I left university with a history degree. Then I became a teacher. I love working here.
2. What was your favourite subject in school? / Does that affect the type of books that you are into?
My favourite subject at school was history. I like reading fictional stories about Kings and Queens.
3. Do you like reading books? What is your favourite book and who is it by?
Yes I like reading books. I read books to my children every night. My favourite book is ‘Gone With the Wind’ by Margaret Mitchell
4. What is your favourite genre?
Historical fiction and crime.
5. Have you ever met an author?
I have only met the authors that have come here. I have been working here eight years now and I have met authors like Nick Arnold, Pete Johnson, Bali Rai and Marcus Sedgwick.
6. If you could meet an author who would it be?
I would love to meet Louis Sachar the author of the book called ‘Holes’.
7. Do you read for information or pleasure?
I read for pleasure. I only read the news for information.
8. If you could be a character in a book who would you like to be and why?
Scarlett O’Hara from the film Gone With the Wind
9. What is your favourite book that has been turned into a film?
Harry Potter. I love Harry Potter.
10. What do you think is better, the book or the film?
The book. The book is usually better.
11. What was your childhood dream regarding your career goals?
I wanted to be an archaeologist.
12. What is your favourite sport?
I am not really very sporty but I like gymnastics.
13. What is your favourite food?
Crisps and chocolate. I like Walkers!
14. How many languages do you speak?
I only speak one language English and I speak it really well!
Thank you for your time, it has been a pleasure meeting you and conducting our very first interview with you.