Good Afternoon, Mr and Mrs Arnold, thank you for coming to our academy.
1. Why did you want to become an author?
When I was a child I loved reading books. I wanted to become an author.
2. Who/What inspired you?
The library is the most wonderful place in your academy. It allows you to find out about the world.
3. What made you want to write a book about science?
I enjoyed History and English at school.
I wanted to be a writer and I sent a letter to Scholastics. They wanted something that was funny and also about Science.
4. Who is your favourite author?
There are many favourite authors. Read various books and you’ll agree.
5. What do you enjoy the most about being an author?
Being an author allows you to get paid for what you like doing. I like using my imagination and travelling.
6. What is your favourite book?
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
7. How many awards have you won?
I have won four awards for my Horrible Science books. I also won a Blue Peter Award in 2013.
8. What is your most prized possession?
My books. I love reading so much.
9. What University did you go to?
University of York
10. What age did you write your first book/what was it?
I was eight years old. It was a book about Ghosts and Monsters.
Thank you for answering all of our questions. It has been a pleasure interviewing you.