Good Afternoon, Mr and Mrs Arnold, thank you for coming to our academy.
1. Why did you want to become an author?
- When I was a child I loved reading books. I wanted to become an author.
2. Who/What inspired you?
- The library is the most wonderful place in your academy. It allows you to find out about the world.
3. What made you want to write a book about science?
- I enjoyed History and English at school.
- I wanted to be a writer and I sent a letter to Scholastics. They wanted something that was funny and also about Science.
4. Who is your favourite author?
- There are many favourite authors. Read various books and you’ll agree.
5. What do you enjoy the most about being an author?
- Being an author allows you to get paid for what you like doing. I like using my imagination and travelling.
6. What is your favourite book?
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
7. How many awards have you won?
- I have won four awards for my Horrible Science books. I also won a Blue Peter Award in 2013.
8. What is your most prized possession?
- My books. I love reading so much.
9. What University did you go to?
- University of York
10. What age did you write your first book/what was it?
- I was eight years old. It was a book about Ghosts and Monsters.
Thank you for answering all of our questions. It has been a pleasure interviewing you.